Sunday Flag Football (Winter 2013) Flag Football · Co-Ed Social Sports in DC
Social Flag Football
- Team Fees
- Early Bird 50.0 per player
- Regular 60.0 per player
- Free Agent Fees
- Early Bird 50.0
- Regular 60.0
How does it work?
Who's ready for some fun and social Sunday flag football? Our 10-week season starts on Sunday, January 6th and game times will be at either 11:00am or 12:00pm each week. You'll come on out to the National Mall at 9th Street (see a Google map), meet up with your teammates and play some flag football.
You'll play one hour-long game per week and after your games, you and your teammates will head on over to our nearby sponsor bar, Hamilton's Bar (see a Google map), to either celebrate your win or drown your losses - but most importantly, challenge the team you just played flag football with to flip cup!
In addition to some awesome flag football games each week, you're also welcome to join us at our THREE free parties (kickoff, midseason and end of season), FREE movie screenings, FREE raffles for concert tickets, happy hours and other social events throughout the season. In order to ensure you keep up-to-date on all the great social events and prizes, you should join our Meetup group and like our Facebook page.
What are the rules?
Please read through our flag football rules (PDF file).
What does it cost to join? Who is allowed to join?
- Early bird: Our early bird price is just $45 per person and our early bird price will last until Friday, November 31st.
- Regular price: Our regular price is just $60 per person and the regular price begins on Saturday, December 1st.
- Late registration price: Our late price is $65 per person and the late registration price begins on Tuesday, January 1st.
For that, you get a season of flag football, three free parties, a bunch of movie screenings, raffles/prizes, happy hours and a variety of other social events.
To join, you must be 21 or older, have health insurance and agree to our terms and conditions. We're all in this to have fun and make friends, so please respect all referees, players and observers.
What if I'm joining alone or with just a couple of friends?
Not a problem! You may feel free to join as a Free Agent and we'll place you onto a team OR simply choose a team name that sounds fun. If you're joining with friends, definitely coordinate amongst yourselves to join the same team. All teams in NAKID are fairly welcoming of new players and new friends! If you have more than a few friends joining with you, consider starting a team!
If you join as a Free Agent, we will be placing you onto a team on Thursday, December 20th.
How can I play for free?
There are a few ways!
- Start a team. See the next section below on how to start a team. You will need at least 20 players on your team.
- Join our head referee program. We're working on the details now, but if you take our head referee training course, then referee a minimum number of games, we will refund your registration fee.
- Join our refer-a-friend program. You'll request a promo code that's unique to you, and you'll give it out to all of your friends. If you get 8 friends to join, we'll refund your registration fee.
How do I start a team?
To start a team, simply begin the registration process for the sport/day/time that you want to play, and register as a Team Captain. You'll be prompted to create your team from there. After your team is set up, email your friends and teammates and ask them to join!
For more information on being a captain, please see our Captains FAQs page.
We do reserve the right to place Free Agents onto teams that need players. Team sizes are a minimum of 20 players and a max of 35 players.
The last day to register a team is Thursday, December 20th. The final team list will be set on Friday, December 21st, and any team with fewer than 15 players may be merged with another team.
How do I get my team t-shirt?
We will be handing out t-shirts to team captains on the first day of games, and team captains will distribute t-shirts to their players. Anyone that registers after Thursday, December 20th will receive their team t-shirt on the 3rd week of games. So register early!
Have more questions?
If you have questions, please visit our How It Works page or contact us at email@example.com.