Thursday Indoor Kickball - Dupont Circle (Winter 2016) Kickball · Co-Ed Social Sports in DC
Indoor Kickball in DC
- Team Fees
- Early Bird 55.0 per player + 4.0 Processing Fee
- Regular 70.0 per player + 4.0 Processing Fee
- Late 90.0 per player + 4.0 Processing Fee
- Free Agent Fees
- Early Bird 55.0 + 4.0 Processing Fee
- Regular 70.0 + 4.0 Processing Fee
- Late 90.0 + 4.0 Processing Fee
How does it work?
Who's ready for some indoor kickball? Our 6-week season starts on Thursday, January 7th and game times will be between 8:00 PM - 10:00PM each week. Games will be held on the large basketball court at Francis-Stevens Middle School near Duport Circle.
After your games you and your teammates will head on over to our nearby sponsor bar, 51st State, to either celebrate your win or drown your losses!
In addition to some awesome indoor kickball games each week, you're also welcome to join us at our FREE parties, FREE movie screenings, happy hours and other social events throughout the season. In order to ensure you keep up-to-date on all the great social events and prizes, you should join our Meetup group and like our Facebook page.
What are the rules?
Please see our comprehensive indoor kickball rules (PDF file).
What does it cost to join? Who is allowed to join?
- Early bird: Our early bird price is just $55 per person and our early bird price will last until Tuesday, November 10th.
- Regular price: Our regular price is just $70 per person and the regular price ends Tuesday, December 15th
- Late registration price: Our late price is $80 per person and the late registration price begins on Wednesday, December 16th
For that, you get a season of indoor kickball, free parties, a bunch of movie screenings, raffles/prizes, happy hours and a variety of other social events.
To join, you must be 21 or older, have health insurance and agree to our terms and conditions. We're all in this to have fun and make friends, so please respect all referees, players and observers.
What if I'm joining alone or with just a couple of friends?
Not a problem! You may join as a Team Player and choose a team with a name you like, or you can choose the Free Agent option and have us pick a team for you. If you're joining with friends, definitely coordinate amongst yourselves to join the same team. All teams in NAKID are fairly welcoming of new players and new friends! If you have more than a few friends joining with you, consider starting a team!
If you join as a Free Agent, we will be placing you onto a team by Friday, December 18th. If you have a person or group of people you want to play with, please send us an email with their names so we make sure you stay together.
How do rainouts work?
If you think games might be rained out, check the NAKID hotline at 1-855-GO-NAKID (855-466-2543) 60 minutes prior to the start of your game.
How can I play for free?
There are a few ways!
- Start a team. See the next section below on how to start a team. You will need at least 14 players on your team.
- Join our head referee program. We're working on the details now, but if you take our head referee training course, then referee a minimum number of games, we will refund your registration fee.
- Join our refer-a-friend program. You'll request a promo code that's unique to you, and you'll give it out to all of your friends. If you get 8 friends to join, we'll refund your registration fee.
How do I start a team?
To start a team, simply begin the registration process for the sport/day/time that you want to play, and register as a Team Captain. You'll be prompted to create your team from there. After your team is set up, email your friends and teammates and ask them to join!
For more information on being a captain, please see our Captains FAQs page.
We do reserve the right to place Free Agents onto teams that need players. Team sizes are a minimum of 12 players and a max of 16 players.
The last day to register a team is Thursday, December 17th. The final team list will be set on Friday, December 18th, and any team with fewer than 14 players may be merged with another team.
How do I get my team t-shirt?
We will be handing out t-shirts to team captains on the first day of games, and team captains will distribute t-shirts to their players. Anyone that registers after Friday, December 18th will receive their team t-shirt on the 3rd week of games. So register early!
Have more questions?
If you have questions, please visit our How It Works page or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
*All times/dates/locations are subject to change*